Is it the career for me?
Are you a good communicator?
Do you enjoy a challenge?
Are you well presented?
Are you outgoing and friendly?
Do you have the support of your family and friends?
As well as having the 'qualifications' you need the 'qualities' that make a good Driving Instructor. You need to be able to deal effectively with people from all walks of life and different backgrounds. You must be able to motivate your learners and bring out the best in them! Does this sound like you? Call 07967 302 667 NOW for an info pack...
What qualifications do I need?
Firstly - make sure you fulfil the Legal Requirements.
When applying to become a driving instructor, you must fulfill the following legal requirements:
- hold a full UK or European Union (EU/European Economic Area (EEA) unrestricted car driving licence
- have held it for a total of at least four out of the past six years prior to entering the Register after qualifying
- not have been disqualified from driving at any time in the four years prior to being entered in the Register
- be a "fit and proper" person to have your name entered in the Register. All convictions, motoring and non-motoring, will be taken into account when the Driving Standards Agency assess your suitability to be entered on the Register. From Spring 2007 applicants will be required to have an enhanced level criminal record check. The information from this check will be used by the DSA to assess the suitability of persons applying for inclusion on the Register of Approved Driving Instructors.
- Pass the two qualifying practical examinations within two years of passing the theory examination
- Apply for registration within 12 months of passing the final part of the examination.
The Qualification Process...
To become a Driving Instructor you must pass 3 exams:
You must take AND pass all 3 exams in the correct order to apply for a teaching licence - this process must be done within 2 years of passing the Part 1 Theory Test. Candidates are allowed 3 attempts at each of the Driving Ability and Teaching Ability Tests.